Sunday, December 12, 2010

How to survive winter

      If I think of winter gloomy, dark, cold and sad are the first words that come to my mind. I was born in August and my season is summer. I need sunshine to feel good and in winter time I very often cocoon in my room and, if it is not a must, I don't leave the warm and cozy flat. When I arrive home from school or work in the late afternoon I would rather not switch the TV on because I'm not interested in the Mexican or Hungarian soap operas, the dinner battles, stupid celebrities or even the newest reality shows. Instead I drink hot fruit tea to heat myself up, munch chocolate to obtain hormones of happiness and choose a book or a film to entertain myself. But during the long months of winter I can easily get bored of these things. In order to avoid depression I created my own recipe.
     Ingredients: training clothes (a pair of comfortable shoes is very important), a fitness centre to go to, a good trainer, a group of enthusiastic people and music. Fortunately, I have found all these things in the neighbouring building. I can choose from different types of trainings. Recently I have become a fan of zumba - a new genre which mixes latin, funky and disco elements. Another style I am fond of is kangoo jumps. I feel I started to become addicted. Each and every training is like a party. Everyone  is singing, dancing and enjoying music. When the training reaches the end you feel you don't want to stop. One hour is just not enough. It is like a huge party and you don't want to go home at its height. If I can not go for a couple of days I feel something is missing. And when I enter the room again and see the familiar faces and smiles I forget that outside the weather is terrible.
    
    

No comments:

Post a Comment